Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,,,
I am to the point of transferring the glass channels, flippers and stainless from the parts car to the 55 and looks like am going to have to replace dang near all the assembly bolts and screws that secure all the different pieces of stainless, window channels,,everything,,,!!!
I started at the rear window and moving forward so don't know really how many of each size etc,. I see where some of the bolts look like really short 10X32 fine thread w/ really small Phillips flat head and some are metal screws w/ washer type Phillips head,,? The 2 local hardware stores did not have anything to replace the small fine thread screws with the small flat head.
I checked Danchuck, and East Coast and do not find any "screw sets" like I need. Does anybody know if anybody sells the complete screw sets?
For the GURUs,,,, What is the stainless piece called that goes on the outside on the top part of forward quarter panel, right outside the rear quarter window? It has the "dip" in it where the top paint divider stainless meets up with it. ?? It has even smaller metal screws that secure it to inside of quarter panel lip. Thanks for any help. :flag6:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Mickey,,,you are king for a day,,,,I had an old H&H catalog hat I had not looked at for a while,,,why?, I don't have a clue.
Anyway,, they had what I was looking for and got a bunch of different bolts and screws coming,,,,and a new catalog!
I been polishing stainless and just setting it on the car and it lookin good,,!!!
Hope the caulk comes in tomorrow so I can install front and back glass this weekend , then procede with the stainless installation,,,,,,Thanks again,,:flag6:

·
RIP 02-03-2022
50,809 Posts
Hey Mickey,,,you are king for a day,,,,I had an old H&H catalog hat I had not looked at for a while,,,why?, I don't have a clue.
Anyway,, they had what I was looking for and got a bunch of different bolts and screws coming,,,,and a new catalog!
I been polishing stainless and just setting it on the car and it lookin good,,!!!
Hope the caulk comes in tomorrow so I can install front and back glass this weekend , then procede with the stainless installation,,,,,,Thanks again,,:flag6:

glad it worked out for you Hoss....don't forget pictures :tu
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.