Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Putting my 5K more door together more or less as cheaply as possibe....Have spent some money on fixing the brake system so far and have ordered a sending unit and other items to make it safely driveable.

However, on fluff items-like chrome and other appearance items, I've become a real miser.....Scrounging ebay and Craigslist....Checking the classifieds at here, Chevy Talk and the HAMB.....Also, placing wanted ads at the sites.

My latest (proud of myself) acquisition was an NOS Belair crest off Ebay for $2.25 plus $5.00 S&H:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190437635291 Normally, these things go for $30-$40 a set :eek:

So what's my point.....If you have the time to search around and wait, there are deals to be had.....A little patience and resourcefulness can go a long way toward saving your hard-earned cash.

If anyone else has little cost-cutting measures that they would like to share with the members, I sure would like to hear them.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
I'm a scrounger myself Dave. Scrounging swapmeets is my favorite. Not only for what I need, but for what I can re-sell and have the cash for what I need. But always checking ebay and craigslist as well.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I doubt anyone can make a penny squeal in pain better then I can?

For many years I've kept a fleet of '57s running and on the road with very little budget.

Personal note: Judges and or the general public give people like me zero credit at car shows and cruise-ins. Why? They do not take into consideration the budget you have to work with when they view your car/truck. All they see is bling & bling and "IF" your car is anything less your car is second grade not worthy of being at this event.

Personal Note #2 Dad never told me women were expensive. :eek:

I guess if I want a nice car I'll have to stay single. :happy0009:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I doubt anyone can make a penny squeal in pain better then I can? For many years I've kept a fleet of '57s running and on the road with very little budget. :
Nice collection.....Want to share some of your tricks RJ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts