Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, I'll start off by telling you guys that I feel like a moron for asking, but I am dealing with a no-seam frame, right?

Also, it seems to me that the natural place for the engine mounts would be pretty much where the brake lines connect. Am I right? If not, could someone use MS Paint to highlight the spots for me to bolt the mounts into, just so I know I'm in the ballpark...

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,424 Posts
Looks like a seamless frame. Here's a seamed frame, it looks the same on the bottom, 2 C channels crudely welded together to form the box. :)

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
Well,

Thanks for the frame info...

About the brakelines (I didn't do 'em...), why steel and not copper?
Sam, copper will not hold the pressure. Are you certain it's copper? Put a magnet on the line and see if it attracts, if it does, it’s steel. You didn't mention what mounts you need to install. Brand? Do you have an engine? What engine if you do?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The brake lines are a copper-nickel alloy, made and sold as brake lines. The local DMV recommend them here. (Read another thread, and I guess it's not readily available in the States...)

The engine is a 305 for now, out of an '85 truck originally. I'm looking at the CPP set.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good question - it does seem quirky. As far as I know, nothing has been done to the steering since the car arrived in Finland in 2008...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts