Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum, but have loved the 55-57 Chevys since I was a little kid. When I was a senior in HS, my mother bought a 1956 Belair four door sedan for me. It had the original 265 and Powerglide transmission, oil bath air cleaner, and factory power steering. I believe that the AC was aftermarket, but old.

I sold the car when I was in college in 2003. I recently decided to see if I could find the car. I came up with her VIN number and was able to trace her to her last owner. He was very nice and gave me the original hubcaps. He didn't remember the name of the man that he sold the car to in 2008, but as far as I can tell, the new owner never filed the paper work to transfer the title into his name. The car hasn't been registered since it was sold. It was a well running vehicle at the time it was sold.

It just vanished.

She was a driver, painted white over red. Her previous owner said he sold her for 6K and included a kit for the disc brakes.

This was in Santa Fe, Texas. I live in Houston. My question to those of you who read this and will be kind enough to respond is this; why would the new owner fail to record his name on the title and register the car?

Is this a complete dead end? Does anyone have any suggestions regarding a way to move forward with the search?

·
Registered
37,980 Posts
why would the new owner fail to record his name on the title and register the car?
Might be several reasons.

Maybe the new owner encountered mechanical problems and didn't fix them for whatever reason.

Maybe the new owner had health issues or other personal issues.

Maybe he tore it apart to do some kind of upgrade and is waiting for that to be complete.

·
Administrator
68,010 Posts
The new owner may have felt no need to transfer the car, since he has a bill of sale and the title.

Funnier things have happened, time seems to go by and before you know it a decade has passed.

Fingers crossed the car is still around :tu

68,758 Posts
lots of reasons, hope he just is working on it & hasn't got it on the road yet. :anim_25:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
THANKS GUYS

Thank you for welcoming me and spending the time to reply to my post. I appreciate the feedback and the encouragement. I believe that most of my friends think I have gone a little off my rocker, though they were surprised I came with the hubcaps three weeks after I started looking.

I turn 35 in June, and I can't think of a better way to celebrate than having that car back in my driveway.

VC56S023723

·
Administrator
49,953 Posts
Don`t want to be the bearer of bad news but a lot of times the title won`t be transfered if the buyer bought it to use as a parts car. That is always a possibility.
Terry

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Both a foreign sale and the possibility of her having been parted out has crossed my mind, but until I find out otherwise, I just don't want to believe it was either one.

I'm going to keep looking, and if, in the meantime, I come across another '56 4 dr Belair Sedan that is in good condition, maybe I will just take the plunge. I know a lot of people don't like the 4 door models, but I love them. Just personal taste thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts