Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had no luck in trying to find the right size radiator drain hose that fits the petcock on a stock style '55 V-8 radiator...the hose fits in the hole in the splash pan between the grill and the radiator support brace and prevents fluid from running into the pan.

I recently saw an original '56 Bel Air convertible that had been restored, the radiator had the drain hose in place. The owner bought the car that way and had no idea.

I've searched the typical suppliers and auto parts stores with no luck. Any of the hose I have found at auto stores with the right outside diameter to fit the hole has too small of an opening to fit over the petcock.

I'm assuming this hose is a "thin wall" design? I only need about 6-8" of hose so a one foot piece would be all I need...don't need a 25ft roll:rolleyes:

Anyone have any idea on where to obtain such hose? Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I got mine from Ecklers.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mouse, all I saw on Ecklers site and catalog was a complete petcock w/hose? Is that what you got?

I was just wanting hose...seems simple enough to find I thought. I'm going to be installing gear drive on my engine this winter and I'll be pulling the radiator etc. for access and I just didn't want to go through draining the radiator then having to clean up the mess afterward.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Mouse, all I saw on Ecklers site and catalog was a complete petcock w/hose? Is that what you got?

I was just wanting hose...seems simple enough to find I thought. I'm going to be installing gear drive on my engine this winter and I'll be pulling the radiator etc. for access and I just didn't want to go through draining the radiator then having to clean up the mess afterward.
Yea, that is what I got, my petcock was messed up anyway, it is a thin wall tube/hose, seems like it wants to kink easy.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Would a piece of vacuum hose work??? Seems to me it's thin wall, at least thinner than fuel hose...

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would a piece of vacuum hose work??? Seems to me it's thin wall, at least thinner than fuel hose...
Nope it's not for the big hole, its for the smaller hole in the pan. Guess I might have to get the whole assembly from Ecklers...clean up the mess when I drain the radiator...what a pain...

Someone has to make that hose...it's on the Ecklers part w/petcock

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump to the top

1 - 7 of 7 Posts