Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did 57chevy come with seat belts and is it a law in tenn. to have seats belts thanks happy 4th everyone:flag6:

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Seat belts could be ordered in 57, but rarely were. In Ohio you don't have to use seat belts in any car older than 1966, but if you install them in an older car you have to use them.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I have some bolted to seat bolts for the tech boys when I rake my 55 to strip, but remove them for street, they can take their ticket and stickit.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Most states don't require the use of seatbelts, unless they were originally installed in the car. So, if a car never came equipped with them, you will not get a ticket.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
They are not required in Tennessee, but I'm used to driving with them so I installed (and use) them always. :anim_25:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
The first thing I did when I bought my latest car was install seat belts.

·
Registered
269 Posts
seat belt location points

Hi all,my 57 4dr does not have seat belts at all and do want to install them and was wondering if anyone has a diagram of measurements for the installation of seat belts,thanks hampy:blowtiedb:

·
Registered
67,743 Posts
the ones I have bought and installed will come with mounting info. I just put them where they are comfortable . :anim_25:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Installed them in mine. That old dash is to hard for my head.
DSCF1808.jpg

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Seat belts

Here are my thoughts on seat belts, if some is drunk hits you head on would you rather have seat belts on and not go through the windshield or look original and have your face go through the front windshield???

·
Registered
231 Posts
Here are my thoughts on seat belts, if some is drunk hits you head on would you rather have seat belts on and not go through the windshield or look original and have your face go through the front windshield???
+1 on that. I have kids also and would not want anyone picking mine up in a car without belts.

7,082 Posts
Old Post coming back. All facts are already in. Seat Bets Save Lives. Only ones that do not wear them just do no care about the ones that love and care for them. If you don't care for those that love you. fine. :anim_25:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts