Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm missing a stud from one side of a rear seat bracket. Just looks like it disappeared. Appears this bracket sits right over a frame support member with zero access from underneath. Looking for ideas... Mike

That's the rear bracket for the front seat

·
Premium Member
3,996 Posts
mp when i installed my buckets out of a station wagon the back clip also sat where a cross member was so i cut off the clip and where the metal was trussed i ground it down flat and welded a piece of angle to extended the mounting hole past the cross member

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone have a link to a section of the factory manual, re: 1957 seat installation?

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,610 Posts
Mike you talking about a back seat or the bracket on the back of the front seat?

If its the back of the front seat do you mean that goes in here?

Randy

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike you talking about a back seat or the bracket on the back of the front seat?

If its the back of the front seat do you mean that goes in here?

Randy
Randy, yea the brackets on the back of the front seat. When I removed the front seat I unbolted 3 nuts (1 was missing), 2 on driver side, 1 on passenger side---not bolts. I lifted rear of seat and there were the 3 studs protruding from floorboard, with one hole. The studs are solid, haven't tried to double nut them and see if I can remove. Put some light in the hole and there's no evidence of a nutplate or anything. According to Chevman57 they are supposed to be bolted in. So I was confused...not unusual.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,610 Posts
Hmmm, unusual, but then again maybe someone changed it to use the studs rather than the bolts. As I remember there were two bolts holding bracket over the front foot of the seat and only one bolt in the back bracket.

Randy

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone have a link to a section of the factory manual, re: 1957 seat installation?
Don't know if I've missed it somewhere or what. I have factory assembly and accessories manuals, can't seem to find seat installation...Is there an interior manual out there?

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
Don't know if I've missed it somewhere or what. I have factory assembly and accessories manuals, can't seem to find seat installation...Is there an interior manual out there?
Not any that i am aware of. Originally the seat is bridled under the front bridle and then bolted down in the rear with 2 bolts on each side.
Terry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not any that i am aware of. Originally the seat is bridled under the front bridle and then bolted down in the rear with 2 bolts on each side.
Terry
That is exactly how my original seat was attached and how I mounted my newly rebuilt seat.
If chevman57 is talking interior, he is dead on and has helped me alot in the past.
SS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts