Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what newer Chevy truck bench seat would fit best in my truck? I'm more worried about getting the right height. Also which seats have built in seat belts? Thanks

·
Administrator
49,960 Posts
I don`t know of a bench seat with built-in seat belts. Several guys here have used the early-to-mid-90`s bench seats but i believe they are having to cut them in the center to make them work on the width.
Terry

·
Premium Member
16,182 Posts
Can anyone tell me what newer Chevy truck bench seat would fit best in my truck? I'm more worried about getting the right height. Also which seats have built in seat belts? Thanks
I put a 60/40 split bench in my 57 Suburban and it worked out perfect. Correct width with built in belts and all power. Only minor fabrication to install. The seat is from a 2000-2005 Buick LeSabre Limited.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
88-95 What? Are you meaning trucks?
88 - 94 Chevy truck has a nice 60/40 bench seat that a lot of guys use. I was going to use one but my build took me in another direction. Most guys I know remove the headrest and cut the mount down to sit them lower when you have a big back window truck.
I pulled this pic off the net to show you what one looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Step to step inside width in my 56 SNB is 53.5 inches. With doors closed, approx. 58.5 door to door. I've heard of a lot of later model seats, but what year of 60/40 or nice bench will fit this width? I don't mind modifying height.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey guys.
I just bought front seats out of a late model Tahoe. Two buckets and the center section with armrest that folds up and down to make the center seat. Built-in Shoulder belts too!

Has any installed something like this? Can you post some pictures?? I'm trying to get some ideas on what i have to Fab. Going in my 56 3100. Thanks in advance!!

:gba:

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's sweet! Did you bolt directly to the floor? did you add bracing underneath the cab? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
That's sweet! Did you bolt directly to the floor? did you add bracing underneath the cab? Thanks.
Thanks! Yes sir I bolted it directly to the floor. The rear mounts line up really well with the stock raised seat mount brace, the front of it I just used some really big washers on the bottom of the floor to compensate. Seems to be solid.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So I've nailed down what i have.. I currently own the front buckets and center seat for a 2003 - 2007 Chevy Tahoe. Stock photo attached.

Has anyone installed these exact seats? They fit all the needs, so I'm sure someone has at least attempted this. Any install Threads? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
I used a seat out of a 84 chevy truck, fabed the mounting so the seat could be adjusted, forward for the wife back for me, but she says I will not be able to drive it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So I've nailed down what i have.. I currently own the front buckets and center seat for a 2003 - 2007 Chevy Tahoe. Stock photo attached.

Has anyone installed these exact seats? They fit all the needs, so I'm sure someone has at least attempted this. Any install Threads? Thanks.
No one? Really?? Someone has to have done this..:bowtieb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Has no one really installed these seats before? Does anyone know anyone that has? THANK YOU!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here are the mounts I made for the 91 Suburban bucket seats I'm using. I didn't have room for the factory center console so I'm building one from scratch. There is only about 7" between the seats. I welded 2 3/8 weld nuts to a piece of 2x4x3/16 steel, then hole sawed holes big enough for the weld nut and be able to get the steel flat to the floor, then welded all the way around. I have 4 plates per seat, 2 bolts per plate. I'm not going anywhere. Let me know if you want to see more pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here are the mounts I made for the 91 Suburban bucket seats I'm using. I didn't have room for the factory center console so I'm building one from scratch. There is only about 7" between the seats. I welded 2 3/8 weld nuts to a piece of 2x4x3/16 steel, then hole sawed holes big enough for the weld nut and be able to get the steel flat to the floor, then welded all the way around. I have 4 plates per seat, 2 bolts per plate. I'm not going anywhere. Let me know if you want to see more pics.
Wow, Erwin, nice work! Thanks for posting these pics. AS you know, the installation is quite specific for each type of seat, so i wanted to see various examples. I might rob your steel plate idea throught the floor! thanks replying and posting these pics!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts