Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my seatbelt to install and with winter knocking on the door, I was wondering if it would be best to put the carpet in then the seatbelt or if I can't get the carpet in in a hurry put the belts in then take the belt out and install the carpet. am I making more work for myself that way?
Thanks again for your help,
Tom

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
I have my seatbelt to install and with winter knocking on the door, I was wondering if it would be best to put the carpet in then the seatbelt or if I can't get the carpet in in a hurry put the belts in then take the belt out and install the carpet. am I making more work for myself that way?
Thanks again for your help,
Tom
Either way will work.
But it be easy to locate, place and drill for the seat belts with the Carpet out. Then take them off and use a awl to relocate the holes.
install instructions
http://www.classicchevy.com/assets/pdf/classicchevy/35-100.pdf

:anim_25:

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
If you have, or plan to install, some floor insulation such as Dynamat, Hush Mat, etc., it might be easier to install the belts first so you can cut the holes in the insulation before laying the carpet - it just gets messy to drill through.
My $.02 worth (and that's over-valued). AWC

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Seatbelt Install

I put my seatbelts in my 55 with the carpet in place (no seats in though). I used an awl to poke through the carpet, then a utility knife to cut out the hole for the bolt. I used a lot of silicone underneath for sealing both between the washer and the floor pan and on top of the washer + nut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts