Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any suggestions on bucket seats for my 55 sedan?which ones look good etc.and also could i get some feedback on wether to go with polyurethane bushings or the rubber ones for my front end ?thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
In one project I did in the early '70s , I used buckets out of '67 Chevelle. I liked the way they set and weren't that bad to install. Haven't tried the polyurethane bushings yet, but I understand that they last longer and absorb more of the road shock for a smoother ride.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
I just rebuilt my front end with CPP A-arms, that have a delron bushing (I think that's what it's called) which are probably quite similar to poly. I love them. The car is very quiet going over bumps, in fact you can't hear a thing. Before them, I had rubber bushings in the stock arms, and they gave a squeak each time they moved up or down. As for bucfront seats, I have buckets in my '57 hardtop that many people like. They are low, and are just barely visible above the window line. Unfortunately, I don't know what they came out of. If I had to guess, I'd say a later model import. Sorry, but I don't have any pics to post of the seats. John

·
Administrator
49,379 Posts
I hate to say this but the seats are a personal choice. Some will say never use anything but a low back bucket, or more of a period correct style bucket. But personally i went with a high back bucket seat in mine because thats what i liked the look and feel of. As far as the bushings i went with the graphite impregnated poly ones. I can`t say yet how i like them since mine isn`t back on the road yet.
Terry

·
Registered
651 Posts
im using a set of 2001 eldorado front seats and back they have a nice look to them and thier power seats, as far as the bushings go, ive got the poly graphite bushings in my camaro and they dont absorb road shock, you will definitely feel every bump in the road the car will be a lot stiffer , and theres no sway and the graphic bushings do squeek after a while,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts