Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hopefully someone is on line who can tell me if the front seats from a 57 chevy 2dr. sedan will fit a 57 2dr. hrdtp.I need to know tonight so I can get a deposit to the person selling them.Thanks a bunch
Angel

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
I have a 57 2 door sedan with a bench seat, and it should fit the hardtop just fine, It has the split back.

I don't know what you are paying for the seat , hopefully you are getting a good deal.

I sold my seat because I am putting in buckets.

Otis

·
Registered
7 Posts
trifive said:
I sold my seat because I am putting in buckets.

Otis
The front seat in my 57 is shot. The springs sag badly on the driver's side. Do you have any more front seats, Otis, or do you or anyone else know where I can get one? I'm in the Louisville, KY area. Thanks..........Dave

·
Administrator
49,658 Posts
Dave i`d try to get your seat rebuilt if you can. It probably wouldn`t cost any more than buying another seat, that may also need rebuilding. Check with a local upholstery shop about getting new springs installed in it. Terry.

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
No sorry I only had one, they seem to be hard to come by but I will keep my eyes out.

I do have a set of inner fenders that I am fixing to sell if you hear of anyone needing a set. I am going with the smoothie inner fenders

Otis:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
elmorocco

Hello. I just registered. I guess I will get my feet wet and put my two cents in. I do not own a 57 chevy but I own a 56 2dr spt cpe and a 56 2 dr post. I switch the front seat from the 2 dr post to the spt cpe. The 2 dr post seat springs were in better condition. Work great, they are the same.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Seat Swaps

A couple of related questions

When swapping from bench to buckets :

Should you add floorpan braces for the bucket seat attach nearest the driveshaft tunnel like the braces nearest the rocker panels ?

Whats your favorite bucket seat swap ? I'm looking for a set of 63-64 Impalla
SS buckets and the rear seat with the built-in speaker in the middle.
That was the hot setup in the late 60's.

I parted out an 88 IROC Camaro that had a nice set of power bucket seats a few years ago ( sob ) .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts