Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a sedan delivery be turned into a 2dr wagon? Ive been searching for my original wagon and have a lot of deliveries for sale. How hard would it be to convert one into a wagon with glass. Thanks

·
12,256 Posts
Deliveries are a lot rarer than wagons, even rarer than Nomads. You should be able to find a wagon easier. Not only would you have to remove the side panels and install glass, you would have to change the liftgate. I'd keep looking for a wagon if that's what you want. ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Your joking, right???? Please,dont do it. If you got to buy a delivery leave it a delivery. Just my thoughts. Tim

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
In 1957 the General made 8,907 sedan deliveries and 17,996 210 handyman 2dr wagons... Have mercy on the deliveries and keep looking for a wagon... Later, Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoa, slow down guys, i didnt say i was going to do it I was only asking if it can be done. Im going to hold out til I find the actual car that i owned when i was 16

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
Whoa, slow down guys, i didnt say i was going to do it I was only asking if it can be done. Im going to hold out til I find the actual car that i owned when i was 16
First off I not saying you should.
But I have a basket case 55 Delivery I have been look to save for years. I have look at a lot of 2 dr wagons and they are very much alike. You could make the side windows fixed and make the metal divider, and it look ok. But like Chevynut said changing the liftgate would the the real work. Delivery rear liftgate mounting hings are alot diffrent.
Most likely spend more for a good Delivery that you would a 2 dr Wagon.:anim_25:

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
I get it. I love the wagons, too! But mostly, I love the sedan delivery. I saw my first one--a 1955 Sedan Delivery--parked next to a gas station in Savage, MN in about 1978. It was in primer and had a for sale sign on it. When I saw the huge dent in the left rear quarter panel, I thought the car may be priced within my reach. It wasn't. I've thought about that car a hundred times since then. And I never even drove it! I understand why you want your wagon back--or why you'd want to re-create it. These cars are truly something special. And for each of us, the passion runs deep.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Jay

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well Im still looking for my car or any 210 wagon, havent been able to find something close enough to me or if i did, was in my budget. I will not convert a sedan delivery, even tho i can do whatever I want to my own car. Hopefully one day i will find what im looking for.

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
Well Im still looking for my car or any 210 wagon, havent been able to find something close enough to me or if i did, was in my budget. I will not convert a sedan delivery, even tho i can do whatever I want to my own car. Hopefully one day i will find what im looking for.
IF you tell more about your car maybe somebody on here has seen it. Why Year wagon do you want.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can add a stock back seat in your delivery with very little work.

At one time,I was thinking of doing this.I could get the wife and kids

in the delivery and have no problems,but its my time to relax,so I didn't.

www.howardsbackyardautobody.com :anim_25:
Yeah i know i can add the back seat, im more concerned with the windows. Thanks for the info though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts