Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an awful time trying to figure out how to get the door glass out of a two door sedan. I've unbolted everything, and the glass slides freely up and down the tracks, but I can't figure out how to get it out of the tracks and out of the car? Same goes for the vent window.....

Anyone have some tips ?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
The quarter glass has to be slide out from the ouside of the car. Just unbolt the window assembly, remove the glass from the track and lift it out. It the track on the bottom of the glass hangs up you will have to remove it while it is in the car. Sometimes it hangs on tight. If my memory is correct that is how I got mine out. The vent window just unbolts and slides out. Can't remember if the door glass has to be removed.
Josh

·
Administrator
49,364 Posts
To get the door glass out, unbolt the window from the track and slide it back out of the way. Then unbolt, unscrew the vent window. You will have a couple of screws at the top of it, you`ll have to remove the screw into the regulator at the bottom, and a nut at the bottom end of the channel. The you have to do some wiggling and twisting to get it out of the door. Then the door glass will come out.
Terry

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Ok, I'll work on getting the vent window out first.... Now I understand the order of operations:)

Chris

·
Registered
36,996 Posts
If you have a shop manual, it is covered pretty well there. If you don't have a printed copy I'd suggest one. It is available online too, look in the library on this site, I think it's there, or a link to it. I like the printed copy because the illustrations are much clearer than online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts