Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for any one with information on an item called Sav-a-Fine. It is a small coin holder type plastic piece that clipped on the sunvisor and held a couple of coins that would be used by any one that came by and saw your parking meter had expired. they would take the coin(s) and load your meter so that you would not be given a fine. Has any one heard of this and if so does any one have it that would be willing to sell for my use on my 55 hardtop. Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Never heard of that gizmo (Sav-a-Fine) before... Today some low life would take off with it coins and all and you would still get your ticket:D Later, Dave

68,758 Posts
wouldn't they have to break into the car to get the coins (for the meter) on the visor? :stupido2:

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
wouldn't they have to break into the car to get the coins (for the meter) on the visor? :stupido2:
In the 50's you didn't have to lock your car. :wavey: People would open the door and turn the headlights off, if you left them on, also. OH, that was before automatic headlight sensors. :)

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
In the 50's you didn't have to lock your car. :wavey: People would open the door and turn the headlights off, if you left them on, also. OH, that was before automatic headlight sensors. :)
And before when kids were taught to respect other people's property. So as adults, they are more likely to respect the law.

·
Registered
524 Posts
:sign0016: to bowtie-trifive Rick-1955

Hope you find that Sav-a-Fine coins holder.

:anim_25:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I USED TO HAVE ONE.IT WAS VERY HANDY,HAVEN,T SEEN ONE INA LONG TIME THO. I REMEMBER WALKING DOWN THE SREET PUTTING A COIN OR TWO IN EXPIRED METERS .I,M SURE SOME ONE HAD DONE THE SAME FOR ME.AHH THE OLD DAYS,,DICK

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Strange!
Just yesterday I was thinking of putting my loose change in the cup holder, in my truck...Then, a quik "reality check" flashed thru my old head....NOPE! Only inviting some low life to kick the window out and steal it..Went back to the "outaa site, outta mind" mentality.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Do you think our Grandkids will believe there actually was a time when you could leave your house unlocked, keys in the ignition (never a smart thing to do, but would do it anyway), and music idols would sing songs that didn't contain any four letter words???!!!

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
I've never heard of them being called "Sav-a-Fine" before, but I do remember the small coin holders that clipped to the visor. They held a couple bucks in change. As I recall, they didn't hold the change very well, and weren't used often.

Ray

·
Registered
738 Posts
What a great time to live - people 'have' more today but they have so much less.

My old Mum used to say that todays society knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.

My place is locked up like fort Knox, I have a dog - CCTV - security lights, Alarms and a 12 bore in the cabinet, as an ex Police officer I know to trust no-one.

What a sad society we live in these days.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I remember people leaving coins on the meter for the meter police to put in the meter. Most of them wouldn't do it though and still ticket the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts