Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sent my 57 off to paint today. It was painted 2000 Corvette blue by the previous owner. They did a nice job, but I didn't care for the color, and the car was damaged by the shippers when I relocated to TX. Aside from the damage to the antenna hole and some chipped paint, the body was in decent shape.

Going to have the car sprayed Arctic blue, which I believe to be the original color, and have the coves sprayed silver.

The car had it's front clip replaced with a new clip at some point, and I need to drill the holes for the wiper arms and nozzles... does anyone happen to know how they were located?

Here's a couple before pics as my son and I were tearing it down.

·
Registered
65,816 Posts
I'll move it to top Wes. :anim_25:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the bumps. I posted on the Corvette Forum, but haven't gotten the information yet. I figure, in the worse case, I'll give Tom P a call and ask about taking some measurements from his car...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks the shop did a good job. I found lots of evidence of arctic blue when I disassembled the car. Not sure whether or not the coves were painted, but I had them shot in the correct silver. I judt hope I dont scratch the car putting it back together.

·
Registered
27,727 Posts
Pretty blue color. Mike

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the kind words. I was pleased with how the paint turned out. I prefer the factory colors. I haven't gotten much done yet, but hope to start next weekend, been getting my 62 ready for it's new owner...

I would like to take it down the 1/4 mile before the tracks close for the year. I pulled the stroked 327 from the 62, need to swap the pumpkin on the 57, re-wire it and reassemble. Going to be busy for the next several weeks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts