Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, if your in the bay area check out the car show that Calfabz is hosting in Newark CA. A buddy of mine Mitch Smith is the owner and he runs Calfabz with his wife and sons. They do some pretty innovative stuff that you may have seen at the Goodguys shows.

Anyway, it's worth checking out. I'll be there with my 57' for sure.

the website is www.calfabz.com for more information on the calendar of events link.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I may have to drive up for a look; not too far from San Jose. Maybe I'll see you there!

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,539 Posts
Well this explains where you are Charlie, gone by a few times to see your projects, but never can catch you there. Is this on Labor Day?

Randy

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Hey Charlie,
Have they done any work on the 55? If I was in town I would have liked to see their shop. I'm still looking for a fabricator.

Have fun guys!

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Randy/Mel, you guys going to the GG show this weekend? I'm heading over there in about an hour with some customers (best work day of the year!).
Mel, I wish I had been able to hook you up with Mttch as well. Mitch is a buddy so Im a little biased but the work they do really is excellent and they're good people.
Randy were you at GG registration around noon yesterday? I was walking out and I thought I saw you walking in.

CT

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Hey Randy/Mel, you guys going to the GG show this weekend? I'm heading over there in about an hour with some customers (best work day of the year!).
Mel, I wish I had been able to hook you up with Mttch as well. Mitch is a buddy so Im a little biased but the work they do really is excellent and they're good people.
Randy were you at GG registration around noon yesterday? I was walking out and I thought I saw you walking in.

CT
Charlie, I didn't see you out there at GG's today but, I did see your pic in the S.F. Chronicle. 'checking out the straight axle on that, what? 50 Chevy?

Man, it was crowded today! I hate to see what it will be like tomorrow? Well, at least GG's will be happy. They bumped the Westcoast Nats and are allowing cars up to '72 now. It does appear that they chased some folks away though. Swap meet and vendors seamed lighter than normal for a Westcoast Nat. We'll see tomorrow...

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Phil, look forward to seeing you at Mitch's shop.

We were looking at the gasser and I noticed a lady taking pictures (I'm really photogenic...:)) and she came up an introduced herself as a photographer for the SF Chronicle. the owner of the gasser and i talked to her for awhile. I'd love to see the pic!

I was thinking there was just the right amount of people yesterday but I never did get over to the swap meet. As I was leaving I went down Bernal and it looked like a third of the size the swap meet usually is.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys, sorry I missed everyone yesterday. I got there about 8am and went right to the swap meet...not much there. Then I went over to Chassis Works and after talking to the rep I picked up a 6 point roll bar for the 55'. Actually I just paid for it and will have a buddy pick it up tomorrow in Sacramento. I'm hoping to get some scrap pipe ends to practice on as well.
Lot of people yesterday, especiallly considering the weather which was cold and cloudy. I put a shine on the 57' last night and headed out for the Altamont Cruisers monthly but I guess we were too late...didnt see a soul. So we came back to Pleasanton and had dinner on Main Street. There were still quite a few cars about at 8p.
Charlie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts