Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I am running a GM serp system. Installed easy, fairly clean look and was economical. Got it for $600 from Pace Performance on sale. Came with p/s pump, alt, and a/c compressor. And I only have to carry one spare belt

I have had other fancy ones, but this is a driver not a Queen. I have gotten tired of keeping things perfect. I just drive the heck out of them.

The others were pretty, but they all had issues. March in particular was a big pain. Lot of folks answering the phone there have no idea about cars.

:anim_25:

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
It depends on what you want it to look like when you are done, I like cars that are orginal to Gasser. I have no use for pro street, resto mods or billet. I would use a short pump & v belt.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Dave, Iam running the GM set up went to bone-yard and got mine for 200 and clean up and painted it, it works fine so I went and got another set for my belair off ebay for 60 bucks love that price it came with everything, the only thing you have to do to install it is have the later model heads for the right bolt pattern, Iam thinking 87 or 88 and up heads have the right bolt pattern. hope this helps you I enjoy the one belt and carry a spare belt in the trunk. Later Bill. P.S. I have I nother set but its for non ac car with all the pulleys if you need it let me know. Bill

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just remember when we put our Chevelle together we had a hard time lining all the pullies and thinking of the a serpentine set up. I have a mid 70's sbc so maybe that won't work anyway.I like the idea of a single belt system though. I've only seen it on high end builds around here though. I'm just building a (hopefully) dependable cruiser.
thanks for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.