Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
I got a hitch off a 97 Jeep Wrangler and put it on my 57. It mounts under the frame and bolted in to 2 holes already in the frame. then just had to drill 1 more hole in each side and bolt it on.

1st pic is 6ft away and 6ft off the ground as if you were standing at the back of the car looking down

2nd pic is from 6ft away and 1ft off the ground

Mine is a Valley Hitch but here is a pic and the link to one I found on Ebay that looks just like it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-2006-J...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5aee3a30b4
I need to mount a hitch on my '57. thank you for the great info, photos and link, hitch looks factory/dealer perfect! :tu

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll revive this thread with a couple pics. I found a Curt hitch from a Jeep TJ on C-list and installed it on my BelAir last week. I have a 1 piece frame, so had to drill four 1/2" holes to mount the receiver. Piece of cake, and looks great. I then fabricated a hitch plug to disguise the hole, when not in use. I've seen others put a car club plaque there, which I may do also.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I'll revive this thread with a couple pics. I found a Curt hitch from a Jeep TJ on C-list and installed it on my BelAir last week. I have a 1 piece frame, so had to drill four 1/2" holes to mount the receiver. Piece of cake, and looks great. I then fabricated a hitch plug to disguise the hole, when not in use. I've seen others put a car club plaque there, which I may do also.
looks great

1,313 Posts
Any of you guys got pictures of how the jeep hitch mounts to the frame underneath? I'm asking because I want to install one on my nomad project but the nomad had a hitch prior and some one added a heavy duty "C" channel cross member right in front of the original rear cross member so not sure if it will cause issues with the jeep hitch before I buy one.
Thanks
Much
Rocky

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here's a pic with the hitch clamped in place for drilling. It's the closest I can come for tonight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
1,313 Posts
21 - 40 of 59 Posts