Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just swapped from a th350 to 200-4r. I was wondering if the shifter cable is the same or not. I cant seem to figure out how the cable attaches to the 200-4r.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,791 Posts
56FJ....Usually there is a bracket that mousts to the pan bolts.....Although for a column, this is an example of Lokar's cable shift:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gotcha, THANKS!, theres definetely no bracket on my 200 though. I was also wondering if i can reuse the shifter i had with my th350.

·
52,791 Posts
Your indicator won't be the same.....However, I don't see why not.:)

·
52,791 Posts
This works off the factory column ?
Yes....Danchuk sells the kit....Although, I think you can find it cheaper elsewhere....See link:http://www.danchuk.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=12590

Item Number: 12590

Lokar's column cable shift linkage is the ultimate answer to interference issues, when you are unable to use factory or another hard column linkage. This cable allows you to route around transmissions, exhaust, cross-members and brake pedals. The exclusive billet aluminum mounting arm can be used on either side of the column. The cable is a Teflon-lined black housing with stainless inner wire measuring 5 feet in length. Designed for 2" aftermarket GM style columns and most GM factory columns. Will not work on shortened 55-57 stock columns or with Powerglide transmissions. Ready to install, hardware and brackets are included.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eh, i shoulda mentioned im using a B&M floor shifter. we got the cable hooked up with some brackets and it goes into each gear.

·
52,791 Posts
56FJ....I figured you had a floor shifter.....My bad for getting your post off topic.:)

·
52,791 Posts
David, when Danchuck say's it can't be used on shortened columns, does that mean 500 etc boxes?
That's the way I take it (bummer) You could pose the question here in the Danchuk section or give them a call.

However, seems like you could run a bracket to some other location-Like the frame maybe.....If you had to.

Saw a Lokar set-up at Summit for $119.99....See link:http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LOK-ACA-1804/?rtype=10

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts