Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned many tri fives, but recently bought a 1940 Willy's pickup truck. The truck was located just over 600 miles from me, and would need shipped. After posting a request online and getting many quotes, ranging from $450 - $3500, I saw a recommendation for Bill's Auto Transport. His price was very reasonable, and he didn't want a down payment. After hearing horror stories of some people losing their deposit and never getting the car shipped, to some losing the down payment and their vehicle, I was a little nervous. Bill treated my truck as if it was his, he arrived right on time, calling me when the truck was loaded and letting me know when he would arrive. If you have bought or sold a car needing shipping, Bill is your man. His number is 216- 832- 8697.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good experience! My experience was a bit painful, but to be honest, mostly because I had some pretty hard dates for both pick up and delivery. And it needed to ship enclosed and was not operable.
The car arrived safely, so that part went well...it was mostly just the scheduling; I was told the day of that they would not be able to ship my car. With all the other moving pieces involved in the move, it was a bit of drama I could have lived without, but eventually it all worked out.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Interested here, do you know what his normal area of operation is? Will be down the road but at some point I will be needing a restored nice driver quality plus '86 Monte Carlo LS moved from Kansas to Alabama. Have not needed to have a car transported for quite a few years.

·
Registered
68,475 Posts
thanks for info.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interested here, do you know what his normal area of operation is? Will be down the road but at some point I will be needing a restored nice driver quality plus '86 Monte Carlo LS moved from Kansas to Alabama. Have not needed to have a car transported for quite a few years.
The plates on his trailer said Ohio. I do know he started in Seattle, then to Nebraska, to Kansas to pickup my truck, and I live in Illinois. He is a one man operation, so I know he tries set pickup dates on his route. I bought the truck labor day weekend, and it was delivered today, but that was the time he gave me when I called. I would give him a call and he will give you an idea when he could do it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Nitro, thanks for the added info. Will be looking into this for an upcoming transport need. May not be for a few months so maybe will have some time to get this aligned with some others in localized situation. Agree angs1957, nothing like real time/real world experience for references.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
When I read the intro to your post this immediately brought up a picture as I thought your post might be in relation to the below picture. My mistake. Although you overseas guys need not buy a USA car yet.
Water Water resources Sky Watercraft Urban design

1 - 8 of 8 Posts