Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
My entire body hurts today after a day of crawling under my car which is extra hard due to the lack of space around the sides of the car in my garage -- getting up and down is a tight squeeze! When I saw this post I was hoping for a large mat to lay my old bones on while working on the floor!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
My entire body hurts today after a day of crawling under my car which is extra hard due to the lack of space around the sides of the car in my garage -- getting up and down is a tight squeeze! When I saw this post I was hoping for a large mat to lay my old bones on while working on the floor!
A piece of carpet works nicely for that... and you can roll it up and stand it in the corner when not laying on it... Just don't use the torch or welder while it's out...

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I was thinking about that, it might be a good idea for me to just get sore! I spill a lot when I'm working, and this time I ended up with a nice puddle of brake fluid, not something I want on my carpet! :)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I was thinking about that, it might be a good idea for me to just get sore! I spill a lot when I'm working, and this time I ended up with a nice puddle of brake fluid, not something I want on my carpet! :)
Even a piece of cardboard feels better than a concrete shop floor on these old bones...

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I'd probably fall asleep in a creeper! Thought about getting one but I pretty darn cheap so I don't have one!

·
Registered
198 Posts
carpet

could'nt imagine vaccuming my garage carpet.although my friends garage is carpeted so he can park his cobra and not get the tires dirty. gosh i hate using the ford word.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I use carpet scraps on my floor, have to toss them every so often because they get dirty, that's what my garage floor is like -- dirty!

·
Administrator
49,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mike i totally understand about getting sore. All that painting last week caught up with me yesterday and today i couldn`t even get out of bed i was so sore. I have a creeper i use but i also use a piece of cardboard sometimes and i do have some used but good entry door mats in the floor to lay on also.
Terry

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
The more I think about it, I probably couldn't get a creeper flat on the floor on either side of the car, so I could only use it in the front or the back...that might work, though, so long as I don't roll out of the garage, down the driveway, and out into the street and get hit by a passing car....might be kind of dangerous.

Reminds me of a song (sing it to the music of "on top of spaghetti")

On top of my creeper
All covered in grease
Sat my sore body
When suddenly I sneezed

I rolled out the garage
And onto the drive
Then my poor creeper
rolled out in the street

I got hit by a semi
And then by a car
I wish I had stayed
Laying on the floor!