Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I moved my inner fender wells in 2 1/4 inches in on both sides on my 2 door 56 sedan post.now iam going to cut and section the rear seat 4 1/2.the top seat looks fairly easy the bottom looks a little more of a problem . i am looking for any pictures that someone might have that has already tacked this .or i might try to find small buckets front and back with console.any input would be great

·
Registered
37,237 Posts
It's very easy on a sedan seat but I don't know what the wagon seat offers for problems. If no one posts a photo, maybe you could post one of the unmodified seat bottom.

I don't think it will be difficult.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply rick l .
i forgot to tell what car iam doing this on its a 56 sedan 2 door .

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
thanks for the reply rick l .
i forgot to tell what car iam doing this on its a 56 sedan 2 door .
As you have described as soon as you tubb or modify the rear wells the rear seat needs to be modified, you still want to keep the hanging positions.

The fiddly bit is cutting & rewelding your springs to form the same as the original would look.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I ended up

cutting the corners of the seat spring to clear the mini tubs on my 57,
didn't cut any upholstery, just tucked it in and fastened it.
didn't have to cut much seat frame, and was cautious of removing to much.
been that way for 27 yrs now.( and no one can tell)

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
I moved my inner fender wells in 2 1/4 inches in on both sides on my 2 door 56 sedan post.now iam going to cut and section the rear seat 4 1/2.the top seat looks fairly easy the bottom looks a little more of a problem . i am looking for any pictures that someone might have that has already tacked this .or i might try to find small buckets front and back with console.any input would be great
Check with "GEOFF" here. He recently did his and may have some pics of the operation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cut seat frame

thanks you all for responding to the question.i looked at the pictures that looks like the way i will go.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here is how I modified the seat frame for a 2 door HT. I cut off the piece in the first photo and moved it towards the front of the car. I added a U shaped piece of rod and some L shaped pieces and welded the cut off piece to them. I put the springs back on the original piece.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts