Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been pondering chopping the frame on my 56 3200 series. My bed is pretty rough anyway with the right side panel being pretty well junk & the left side not a whole lot better. Truck came with a left rear fender that has the spare tire cutout & a junk right fender but today I scored a really nice pair of regular rear fenders. Also one of my longbed steps is junk. So turning it into a shortbed isn't going to change the budget much and I prefer that look. I know it's a popular conversion but I'm not having alot of luck finding specs on exactly where or how much to cut. Obviously it would be nice if the short bed parts would bolt on without the need for drilling new holes, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Guys who have done it and what problems you ran into, possible availability of templates, etc. Thanks guys

·
Registered
540 Posts
Been pondering chopping the frame on my 56 3200 series. My bed is pretty rough anyway with the right side panel being pretty well junk & the left side not a whole lot better. Truck came with a left rear fender that has the spare tire cutout & a junk right fender but today I scored a really nice pair of regular rear fenders. Also one of my longbed steps is junk. So turning it into a shortbed isn't going to change the budget much and I prefer that look. I know it's a popular conversion but I'm not having alot of luck finding specs on exactly where or how much to cut. Obviously it would be nice if the short bed parts would bolt on without the need for drilling new holes, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Guys who have done it and what problems you ran into, possible availability of templates, etc. Thanks guys
Here you go:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=323615

1 - 2 of 2 Posts