Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have templates that they can share for 2 dr. hardtop side glass? I want to have made local, and since glass is flat should be no problem. I do not have any of my side glass to use for pattern. Ideally, someone has them in Autocad but I know I am probably reaching on that one.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Does anyone have templates that they can share for 2 dr. hardtop side glass? I want to have made local, and since glass is flat should be no problem. I do not have any of my side glass to use for pattern. Ideally, someone has them in Autocad but I know I am probably reaching on that one.
The glass shop I had cut mine ordered them just for my job. They first asked me to pay for the template, but when it came time to pay they said don't worry about the template cost, which was minimal anyway.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Glass

Out here in portland oregon. The local glass shop had templates & just made them. If you wanted to pay extra they also date coded them. Payed 19.00 for vent & 60 for side window

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Do you have the chrome frame? That could be a template, if not you might want to consider buying frame and glass together. Check ebay, that's were I got mine and am very happy.
Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
still looking

Thanks for responses. Yes, I have new front frames for door glass, and rebuilt my vent frames about 10 years ago. But don't have the exact patterns and when I bought my car 24 years ago, all of the glass was smashed/missing. So specifically looking for the driver's template and vent window template. The toughest template, the quarter glass, is the one side glass I have so I am set there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts