Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 56 handyman is missing the side moldings.
Because of the hard to get and expense along with the fact that I only want a driver not a show car I wondered if anyone tried some of the 3m or PVC (Autoamenity)type stick on molding, looks good on the internet.
Rich

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Is it a 150 or 210 Handyman? Also some Canadian cars used trim not used in the states. Another option is to use Canadian Pontiac side trim, or even trim from other makes and models if they can be made to fit. http://blog.chron.com/heidispics/2013/08/canadian-cheviac-is-one-rare-bird/ This Pontiac looks like it used '57 Chevrolet top right and left trim on each side to border a white cove.

Usually I can find all the side trim I need at the swap meets if I'm not in a hurry to get it.

Internet pictures generally look better than the real thing.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
My 56 handyman is missing the side moldings.
Because of the hard to get and expense along with the fact that I only want a driver not a show car I wondered if anyone tried some of the 3m or PVC (Autoamenity)type stick on molding, looks good on the internet.
Rich
no no no never, tell us what model it is maybe we can find the right trim, I might half a pc or rwo

·
Registered
37,246 Posts
Even the OEM "stick on" trim for pickups was no good, I wouldn't even consider aftermarket plastic stick on stuff. Plus most are going to think it will ruin the looks of your car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My side molding

The car is a 210 but with no molding you can't tell.
I tried that plastic molding in the 1980s a few times, it looked terrible and fell off shortly. I guess I hoped it got better in the last 30 years.
Thanks for the opinions guys. I plan to paint the car this winter and then I guess I am looking for some trim.
Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts