Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Williams side mounts for my 57. Will it be possible to properly (or adequately) weld them in with the motor in the car? Power steering and stock exhaust manifolds now

Thanks as usual.

·
Registered
38,602 Posts
Yes it's possible. It would be much easier to do it without the engine in the car. If the engine is in the car, having the fenders off would be nice.

How are you planning on fixturing up to get them trimmed right? Do you have the engine in the car with the original mounts now?

Are you going to do the welding yourself? Mig or stick? Can you weld with the gun or stick in your left hand?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's all together painted shiny red with orig front motor mounts.

I was planning to take it to someone to do. Was curious as to whether it was able to be done without a lot of fanfare. I'm not planning on pulling the motor or taking it apart, nor do I want to risk someone tearing it up trying to do it without the necessary space to work.

It may have to wait until time for a new motor if too big a hassle.

·
Registered
38,602 Posts
It's not that big a deal for someone confident in their welding skills.

You didn't say if the fenders are on. If so and you have nice paint, a little harder, but still it can be done by someone competent.

The exhaust manifolds/headers may need to be removed too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
motor mounts

you guys must be reading my mind i am in the process of installing side mounts myself and was wondering the same thing now you made my job a little easer tomorrow
thanks guys your good
bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.