Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 57 Chevy and I installed the side motor mounts 3/4” forward to clear distributor.
Question: There is a ‘bar’ that gives support to the mounting holes to the engine mount. This bar is pushing against the engine mount polyurethane.
My other vehicle and standard side mounts just has a sleeve for the bolt that ties the mount to engine.
Hard to explain in writing just curious if others have this ‘problem’?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Automotive exterior Font Auto part Bicycle part Automotive mirror

Bumper Gadget Automotive exterior Rectangle Auto part

First picture is ‘forward mount’ and instead of a sleeve they used a support bar on top next to motor mount
Second picture used a sleeve for the bolt to mount.
Not sure why but in my case has caused a problem

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Maybe those brackets are for use with factory OEM type mounts only? Do you have any instructions or contact the manufacturer/distributor and find our what the recommended mount is..

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe those brackets are for use with factory OEM type mounts only? Do you have any instructions or contact the manufacturer/distributor and find our what the recommended mount is..
That is my next step to make contact.
I think I can install a sleeve between the holes and relocate the bar. Shade tree
It just reduces the clearance about 1/2” which is needed in my case. I can’t see any reason for it to be made th it s way.
200 miles today and now time to make adjustments
Thank you

larry

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Can you possibly remove a little of the poly on the motor mount where it contacts that bar to help with clearance, but not affect strength? That's the route I'd take as it's the easiest, and wont require completely reworking the mounts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts