Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the steering column is getting modified with the EPas electric power steering motor, we got the upholstery done, the convertible hardtop is done, the soft top frame is done. the painting is about 85% done and buffed.. the gauge cluster panel is done. So the next hard part is installing the dash pad. Not exactly like slipping on your socks in the morning, so it does require some patience and lotsa TLC to make it come out right, but the whole thing might be done by mid March.
I hope you guys don't mind my posting this on Trifive, but I do like this forum better than the Corvette Forum.
Thanks...
Bob

Corvette Dash Pad 1.JPG
Corvette Dash Pad 3.JPG
Corvette Dash Pad 2.JPG
Corvette Dash Pad 4.JPG
Corvette Seats 2.JPG
IMG_0875 (1).JPG
Corvette Dash Pad 1.JPG
Corvette Dash Pad 3.JPG
Corvette Dash Pad 2.JPG
Corvette Dash Pad 4.JPG
Corvette Seats 2.JPG
IMG_0875 (1).JPG

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Lookin' good Bob - that black interior will look great against the silver paint and chrome. I bet there are more 'Vette enthusiasts here than Tri Five lovers on the 'Vette site anyway.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lookin' good Bob - that black interior will look great against the silver paint and chrome. I bet there are more 'Vette enthusiasts here than Tri Five lovers on the 'Vette site anyway.
Thanks. Personally I like the C1's and the early C2's. A couple of my Tri Fives have some early 'Vettes mixed in 'em.
Bob

·
Registered
Denver, Colorado 1956 Nomad
785 Posts
Nice! Lots of progress since the last pictures you posted.
Is the Good Guys Show in Pleasanton still scheduled for March?

·
Registered
66,945 Posts
had a 62 when much younger. wet sanded the entire car before I had it painted, what a job that was by hand.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! Lots of progress since the last pictures you posted.
Is the Good Guys Show in Pleasanton still scheduled for March?
Unfortunately GG has been canceled or postponed in Pleasanton and San Diego. I believe the Western Invasion for TriFives is still on, Hot August Nights for all classics is still on the calendar. Lots of small unsanctioned shows keep popping up.
Bob

·
Premium Member
1957 Chevy Bel Air Convertible; ZZ4 w HEI ign; 700r4; 9" rear w/3:50 gears; pwr disc fr w drum rear
1,935 Posts
That's gonna be a beauty.....! (well, it already is.) Love that year

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
No complaints about corvettes from me Bob. There is no shortage of Vette lovers on this forum. Job well done.

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No complaints about corvettes from me Bob. There is no shortage of Vette lovers on this forum. Job well done.
Thanks Curt. Just one of the reasons I prefer this forum to others. I'm fairly new to this great pastime. Members here are not just about Trifives, but they are passionate about the Trifives they own, as they should be. I now own three of them.
Bob

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Progress on my '62 in one week was not what I expected. The dash pad is installed and looks great except for a small crease at the right end which will be corrected by the upholsterer. All the front end chrome and gold anodized grille have been installed, but in the process they left a couple of tiny nicks on the two chromed bumpers. They will both be pulled off and sent back to the plater, along with a third piece for color matching. Made me very upset but shop owner promised to make it right...I like that. Very professional, but I hope it doesn't happen again. Still waiting on the installation of the modified steering column.
Bob

Corvette March 1.JPG
Corvette March 2.JPG
Corvette March 4.JPG
Corvette March 6.JPG
Corvette March 3.JPG

·
Administrator
65,183 Posts
Coming along nicely, didn't notice any imperfections but up close in person will be a different story.

·
Registered
Denver, Colorado 1956 Nomad
785 Posts
After following the last three or four posts with pictures on the progress of your 62 Vette I am starting to get really anxious to see what it is going to look like when it is finished.🏆

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,398 Posts
i purchased a 62 corvette in 1962 with 2 tops for $3300 .00. It was my first new car an my annual salary at the time was 6000.00... You have a beautiful car

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys. I am equally anxious to get this car on the road. The electric power steering conversion has been a bit of an impetus.
Angelo, the bumpers were perfect but the two nicks are like facets on a diamond when the light hits it. The replating will hold up completion, but shouldn't hold up progress on the rest of the car.
I really like the look of the "champagne" colored anodized grille. This was an option on '62's. I wonder how it would look on a TriFive restomod? I have an extra '56 grille laying around somewhere. I might give it a try if it can be anodize or plated.
Bob

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Been a couple of weeks since I last posted an update on my '62 Vette. Had to remove several of the front chrome pieces and sent them back for replating. The parts have been replated and now in transit back to the shop. Two week turnaround. Rest of the parts seem fine.
Still waiting for the machine shop to finish my steering column. One excuse after another. Not the body shop's fault...at least I think not. The paint is looking extremely nice. Haven't noticed any orange peel. Hoping for the upholstery next week. Weather is still pretty bleak so it's not like top down driving just yet.
Got some power window and electrical work being done on my Nomad. Getting it ready for Western Invasion at end of April.
Bob

Corvette Update 1.JPG
Corvette Update 2.JPG
Corvette Update 3.JPG
Corvette Update 4.JPG

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Replacing all the proper screws and rusted little parts on a '62 Vette is not the same as finding parts for our Trifives. We are very fortunate that way. I've bought screws in kits for different areas in the Vette, but there's always that screw of two that wasn't included. Nothing major, just little nuances that cause delays. But it's getting there.
Bob

Corvette Update 7.JPG
Corvette Update 6.JPG
Corvette Update 5.JPG

1 - 20 of 65 Posts