Votes: 13 72.2%
  • White

Votes: 1 5.6%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put new LED bulbs in the rear.....What color paint should I paint the bucket to reflect the light the best--Silver, Chrome or White :confused0006:

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
CHROME of course Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Silver

I voted silver, thought that WAS the way they WERE done, but maybe they didn't have chrome spray back then and chrome should reflect a greater amount :confused0006:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I do not know how leds reflect but in my experience with 1157 bulbs gloss white reflects better than either chrome or silver
Maybe someone has some actual hands on experience with using leds and can recommend a color???
Or you could paint each bucket a different color, reassemble the taillights and see which color reflects the best....best done at night:):rolleyes:

·
55,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Bumping this up.....Looks like chrome is leading the pack....Kinda' makes sense.....If you were to shine a flashlight at all three, only the chrome would shine back....Guess that's another item for the chrome shop :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Dave,Did you ever see a flashlight that didn't have a chrome reflector?

·
55,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dave,Did you ever see a flashlight that didn't have a chrome reflector?
Excellent point OF :):tu Sounds like a no-brainer now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.