Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have asked the moderators to consider making a separate section available for six cylinder only issues. There are sections for everything else under the sun but we sixers are treated like orphans. To gauge interest in this maybe a survey would be instructive.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have asked the moderators to consider making a separate section available for six cylinder only issues. There are sections for everything else under the sun but we sixers are treated like orphans. To gauge interest in this maybe a survey would be instructive.
Great idea. I'm good for a six cyl section - much of my wasted youth was spent on 270 GMC pickup engines in 49-54 Chevys.

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
Well, I don't like it.

I really like reading about 6-cylinder stuff ... I find it very interesting and appreciate the sort of revival that the block is having in 567 circles.

But if all of the good stuff gets moved to a separate section ... I don't know.

I know there are some sections carved off ... for example RHD which I look at regularly (because I am in that scene).

Just my 2¢.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Not sure if it is really needed. I tend to go to "New Posts" which list posts from last time I was on. They are not per thread topic.
When I first came on, or was working on something like the interior, I might have gone to that specific thread, now will do occasionally when looking for something specific.
When doing a search I'll use 235 in the search. Actually doing a google search with "-Trifive" I get a good response of appropriate threads.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
I would be okay with a separate section IF, the posters kept it strictly to engines. Don't want to wind up with questions and comments about suspensions, brake, body stuff in the I6 section just because it is an I6 car.

·
Administrator
771 Posts
Looks to be points either way, but its been brought up that cleaving it off into its own section could have some drawbacks.

Any more input here?

- JB

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Im in the six stuff looks great with multi carbs and such, so why not if it doesn't interfere with the rest. Ya can always tear it down if it dont work out, but ya ll neva know if it works unless ya put it out there. My two cents an counting. :bowtier:

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How could it possibly take away from anything else?

There are sections now that only appeal to a limited audience - like gassers, modifieds, models, detailing, convertibles, insurance, etc. Certainly those sections are very important to some, but not everyone. Having them available doesn't make life difficult for those not interested in those subjects but it's nice to be easily able to find camaraderie with those of like mind.

I don't know how many members here have sixes but Id say it's not any less significant than member interested in the sections mentioned above.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts