Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be my favorite dance in the garage. Once the front clip is removed, those frame horns just lie in wait, and then strike when you least expect it. Doesn't help that readers glasses make everything below your knees blurry as you walk around the car grabbing tools.

Ouch....

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
I know it isn't funny, but the title of your thread "cracked" me up. Done that with the hitch on my pickup, and when fighting wasps.

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
That's what shop rags and duct tape are for. If you think 55-56 frames are bad, look at the open square ends of a 57 frame. They will bark your shins to the bone. At my age if your not bleeding , you're not working on a trifive.:sign0020:

·
R.I.P. Sept. 8, 2018 Senior Member 2 Gol
2,665 Posts
Oh, I can relate to that. My wife says my shins look like an eight year old's 'cause they're always skinned up. If I miss the frame horns, the jack handle usually right around the corner.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the time I die, my head will look like a golf ball from all the hard contact dents. So far, I've reached "a mastiff's chew-toy baseball" status. Shaved heads don't have a lot of padding.

Towels and duct tape. Good tip, but I'm gunna look pretty funny wearing them.:sign0020:

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
Seems to be my favorite dance in the garage. Once the front clip is removed, those frame horns just lie in wait, and then strike when you least expect it. Doesn't help that readers glasses make everything below your knees blurry as you walk around the car grabbing tools.

Ouch....
Go Get you one of those Big Dollar Pool Noodles. Cut and duck tape it around the Frame horn. It be worth it the first time it saves you shin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts