Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I plan on running power steering and AC on my 55, I know what pulleys do I need?

I have alt pulley, AC pulley, 2 grove water pump pulley and 2 grove crank pulley. Do I need a 3 grove crank and water pump pulley??

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
typically you need a 3 groove crank pulley and 2 groove water pump pulley
on short water pump systems. The crank pulley groove closest to the engine goes around the water pump and alternator ( on driver's side ) the middle groove goes around the water pump pulley and the A/C compressor ( mounted on passenger's side) and the outer groove drives the P/S pump mounted low on driver's side.

Pulleys and mounts can be a pain if you try to mix and match them its best to find a system that is already worked out so every thing lines up , either duplicate/use a factory setup or do a aftermarket kit unless your willing and able to fabricate alternator, p/s and a/c mounts.

Regards, Robert

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
typically you need a 3 groove crank pulley and 2 groove water pump pulley
on short water pump systems. The crank pulley groove closest to the engine goes around the water pump and alternator ( on driver's side ) the middle groove goes around the water pump pulley and the A/C compressor ( mounted on passenger's side) and the outer groove drives the P/S pump mounted low on driver's side.

Pulleys and mounts can be a pain if you try to mix and match them its best to find a system that is already worked out so every thing lines up , either duplicate/use a factory setup or do a aftermarket kit unless your willing and able to fabricate alternator, p/s and a/c mounts.

Regards, Robert
Alright cool thank you for clearing that up.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As of right now I have a single A/C, single P/S, a dual W/P, and a dual crank pulley. So i guess i need to sell the dual C/P for a triple. Anyone wanna trade????:happy0030:

·
Premium Member
5,512 Posts
parts

hi i have pulleys and brackets for a small block does your block have all the holes needed for the install. pm me if interested. i could send you some photos in a email to you.
THANKS DEAN

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
if you already have a 2 groove crank pulley you need a 1 groove add on that makes it a 3 groove setup in the click on picture link below the 2 groove crank pulley is the top center one and the add on 3rd groove for the crank is the top right one. the top left is the 2 groove water pump pulley and the 2 lower ones are for the ps pump

http://www.streetrodbracketry.com/Images/Pulleys.jpg

Regards, Robert

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Strange no one has asked if he is running short or long waterpump. I am going to guess from other post long, in that case, with AC he will need dual PS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On this one without seeing exactly what you have for your setup, I wouldn't know exactly what would best suit your needs.

We design and build pulley kits so that you don't have try to figure out how to make all this old stuff work together.

Let me know if you need more help or information.

Thanks,

Kevin
Concept One Pulleys
Made in the USA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts