Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a small show in Tahoe to help the Optimist Club, there were only 2 Tri-Fives the 57 and some guy with a 55 Nomad, I was able to bring my garbage truck out since it was so close. Here are a few pics of some cars since I know you guys like pics. Jeff

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
thanks for sharing, beautiful area for a show. :tu

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
7,795 Posts
Thanks for the pics, and as was said the setting looks great.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
the g truck is really yours?

That is so unique and rarely seen it is cool.

Of course a 55 nomad like yours is on my dream list.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
There must be a good story about the garbage truck, care to share with us?

It looks good as well as your awesome nomad.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My grandfather was in the garbage business in Mill Valley CA, he came from Italy like so many in this business in CA. He came to Tahoe to buy this little company up here in Tahoe that was called Serv-U-Garbage Company in 1962 with my uncle and dad, I was 4 at the time and spent a lot of time working on trucks after school and in the summer, family business ya know. I asked my grandfather one time what I was going to get paid and he told me dinner tonight, nuff said. Any way I had a picture of a truck he drove in Mill Valley that looked a lot like this one and always wanted to find one. I finally came across this truck at a camp ground down by Bridgeport CA that was just sitting there. The owner had a little company and needed some 1yd containers so I traded him the containers for the truck and body. So we started the project and painted it our old colors and put the old name on it. My grandfather passed away about 15 years before I found the truck but he would of kicked my ass for spending the money I did on it, he would of told me we needed new equipment. We still are in the garbage business and I use the truck often in parades to honor him and the company he built, I guess garbage will always be in my blood.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Thanks for sharing... I believe that is the first garbage truck I have seen at a car show... Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
Great pictures, thanks for sharing.....loving the garbage truck.....never seen one done before...:congrats:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
Great story, indirect relatives are also in the garbage business, they diversified into recycling which turned them into millionaires :)

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Sweet looking Garbage Truck Jeff...

I would like to check that out the next time i am at your place.....

Heck i would drive that Ole' GMC every day with pride...:)

Rick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts