Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share my repair expenses on the 55 chevy i purchased last week.i needed a muffler.the station had an original one with a couple dents.still in the box.stainless steel.cost of muffler and installation.25.00.he sent me to a nearby town for the linkage problem,getting into reverse.they sais it was worn out and coyldnt bend it to work.they made one for me.2 guys 2.5 hours work.cost 54.60.wow do i have good friends and prices or what ?!!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Agree with you! I had a complete dual exhaust with glass packs from manifolds back put on my 57 today. Total price, $324.75 out the door, including new chrome tips.

7,080 Posts
Good Guy. Quoted me 180 for complete dual exhaust, 24" glass packs, and chrome tips. I gave him 200. Don't get any better for me. Lloyd :bowtier:
Mufflers are close but not exactly parallel, but sound great and are beautiful to me. :congrats::shakehands:

·
RIP 02-03-2022
50,809 Posts
Wanted to share my repair expenses on the 55 chevy i purchased last week.i needed a muffler.the station had an original one with a couple dents.still in the box.stainless steel.cost of muffler and installation.25.00.he sent me to a nearby town for the linkage problem,getting into reverse.they sais it was worn out and coyldnt bend it to work.they made one for me.2 guys 2.5 hours work.cost 54.60.wow do i have good friends and prices or what ?!!!

AB-SO-LUTE-LY......:congrats:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
low prices

Before i bought my 55 i checked with the station.he has a 55 and other cars.said he would take care if me.its 2 bros only.been there 35 years.they open at 8 chat till. '9 .u dont get in a hurry there! I supply them with fish as they cook most days.they are such an asset to iur town of 300.have kniwn them 25 yrs but they are good to everyone.swmo if u need a good mechanic

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
FOOD!

Not too long ago I had a crew of 4 of us doing some field work in central Nebraska. We went to lunch at a small town bar and got the daily special. Cheeseburger, fries and a soft drink. The bill came and I thought it was for one of us, $12. Wrong! It was for the whole table.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Agree with you! I had a complete dual exhaust with glass packs from manifolds back put on my 57 today. Total price, $324.75 out the door, including new chrome tips.
Do you mind telling who did your exhaust? I got an estimate in Weatherford and it was much more. I would drive another 30 miles to Granbury for a bargain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.