Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if you guys saw this yet,
a white BMW sedan smashed into a body shop destroying the owner's freshly restored 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air.
He had just finished the final buff and parked it outside the front of the shop and CRASH,:eek: 3yrs down the tubes:(

I hope this opens up for you, it has pics and a video:
http://www.ocregister.com/news/bel-265995-air-bmw.html

·
Registered
19,497 Posts
Like the story said, "The 55 saved a customers life" That was the only good news from this story... Later, Dave

·
Registered
480 Posts
What's wrong with this picture?

From reading the article, the beemer bounced off two other cars before hitting the '55. It looks like her car held up pretty well. I sure hope insurance will cover his loss.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
55 Chevy Linebacker...

Like the story said, "The 55 saved a customers life" That was the only good news from this story... Later, Dave
Man, the ulitimate nightmare come true for that owner... I'm sick and it's not even mine... however, most important, in addition to what Dave stated, the good Lord used this big ol' heavy 55 Chevy just like a Linebacker, positioning it right where it needed to be, knowing exactly when it needed to be there to stop that Beamer COLD, which possibly saved several lives... thus becoming the ultimate sacrifice... :congrats:

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,100 Posts
Personally.....
I think I would be spending time in the big house if that 55 was mine
and there would be one less BMW driver with cell phone ear to worry about :eek:

·
RIP: 12-31-2011
2,855 Posts
I drive for a living and I can tell you all without a doubt, alot of BMW drivers are some of the worst. (no offense to any BMW owners on here) I have to go to europe to see one being driven the way it was meant to be driven.
Rick

·
Registered
716 Posts
Most of the BMWs I see are driven by idiots with a phone stuck in their ear.
Well mine has hands free so i hope i´m not an idiot:rolleyes:
Sounds like alot of people are giving the Beemers a bad rap in the States.
Very sad to see a ´55 end up like that

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,829 Posts
What a shame! Sure tied my stomach up in knots looking at video & photos of the 55 Chevy. Hope they tested BMW driver for drugs & liquor even if she's pregnant she could have been using either one.

Once she hit the 1st car she turned her car into the ball in a pinball machine & did a lot of damage. Bouncing off one car onto the next car as her targets.

KINGS X 56

6,794 Posts
Sure is sad. Just reread and watched the video. Heard nothing at all mentioned about her talking on the cell phone. This is how things start. If she was talking on the phone, that was really stupid. I really dislike people doing that. Terrible accident, if it was on purpose it would not be an accident. Luckily no one was injured. Reaching pretty good to say the 55 saved someone's life because it was a Trifive.
2 comments.
In 30 yrs working the road noticed that when someone acted rudely driving or what I called showed their butt, way too much of the time is was a BMW DRIVER. Very noticeable. Not saying all by any means, but way more than other makes. Just seems to be an ATTITUDE which way too many times carried on to the officer.
Second point. Nearly every accident that involved a vehicle and a cow, it turned out that was a PRIZE specimine(sp) that could NEVER be replaced by mere dollars, but let us TRY. That may have been a $150,000 vehicle, but it sure does not show to be that in the photos.

Just need to keep it real sometimes. Hurts me badly to see a 55 that way. No offense intended toward anyone (except maybe some Beemer drivers with a better than you attitude). JMO. Not enought facts. Lloyd

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
After seeing how that BMW held up, I think this reconfirms that these new cars with their monocoque construction, crush zones, and safety features will tear one of our old cars to pieces. Everybody be careful out there, not only do we cherish these old cars but we have plenty of reason to watch out for idiots. JMO If I had a $150,000 55 Belair it certainly would have nicer wheels than those.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.