Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was currently assembling a 55 Bel Air 2 dr sedan when the rear quarter glass cracked. It had already started, but when I put the moldings on, it really cracked :( The side windows including vents are a smoke color, and I'd like to find another window that matches the rest. I don't want to have to buy a whole set when the other windows appear nice. Are all smoke windows the same tint? Mine are really light, maybe 50%. I have pictures that I can post if I need to. I really need to find a source for a window for this car, and I figured I'd ask around here. I've also heard that it's a real pain to install the quarter glass, any tips on that? Thanks a lot,

Russ

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Pictures would be nice, so if you have 'em, share 'em! :)

I have no smoke or tint on my windows (57) so I won't be of any help, but I still want to see the pics!

·
Administrator
49,355 Posts
Russ i believe there are a couple of shades of smoked glass. Is it the tempered glass or is it the laminated glass like the original was? You should be able to either take your old glass or ask for a sample of the new glass to compare to. Auto city glass is a good source for glass and they will send samples to you. The quarter glass isn`t all that hard to change. Just be sure to get the inside roller turned correctly or it will crack the new glass in that area. I learned that from experience.
Terry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts