Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 questions.

1. I saw a website one time that made fiberglass inner fenders for the Trifives, does anyone know that link, the inner fenders were called smoothies.

2. Has anyone ever used those inner fenders and what is your experience with them good or bad, because I am thinking of buying a pair for my 57

Thanks

Otis:)

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I ordered a set of the Smoothie inner fenders for my 57 chevy today, they said it would take 3-4 weeks for them to get here, can't wait.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a set for my 55. I haven't fitted them up yet, I'm a long ways away from that. But they are nicely black gell coated on the engine bay side, and rough on the wheel side. I'm trying to find a way to make them smooth on both sides. Got a pic of the rough side if you want to see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I have an extra set of the smoothies for a 55. Brand new in the box. I mounted up one one set for my 55, They fit pretty nice.

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am excited about the smoothies for my 57, they sure will make the engine compartment look alot better,

THe 57 smoothies have to be shipped in 2 seperate boxes, so they cost more to ship than the 55 or 56 smoothies.

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently they are based on the website info but you could call and ask to be sure, will 55 inner fenders fit a 56?

otis

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,572 Posts
Is that company you got them from Otis still in business? The website comes back in a foreign language:confused0024:

Randy

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,382 Posts
The previous posts are five years back- I believe he did receive them. That's what he was referring to as paper thin. -Too bad, it was neat idea.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
The previous posts are five years back- I believe he did receive them. That's what he was referring to as paper thin. -Too bad, it was neat idea.
Yeah...Too bad, they would look awesome with your BEATIFUL BBC...:)

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,572 Posts
I saw those Phil, but they look kind of funky, I was looking more something that didn't have all the bumps in them, like what Chevynut made. I have no real access to someone to work metal otherwise do my own.

Too bad they were poor Otis, maybe that why the web site is in Chinese now:sign0020:

Maybe Joe Lutz could market the ones he did for Roys car:tu

Randy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts