Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Chevy Restoration Questions

hi to evey one iam new to this so please bear with me. i have been redoing a 1957 belair 4 door post. to let you have some ider of what i have is did a complet frame on from strip to bear meatel to new wiring. i have got the car close to being done. but i hit a snag in the head liner and windlace. i took the car all apart abount 3 year ago. and iam wanting to see if you can give me some path to follow in installing the head liner and windlace and the front and back glass.

if you can help answer please do so.

thanks
trotter
in tn

·
Administrator
49,664 Posts
Trotter first welcome to tri-five. Now onto the headliner,first order is to do a check on the strips that will be stapled into and make sure they are in place and not falling apart. Then you will need to install the windlace first. Then you can install the headliner. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Terry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Going my way

:)

HI Bob. Thanks for the tech articles. They really helped me out a lot. I installed the winlace already. Your tech article showed me that I actually did it correctly. My biggest concern was that I ordered tack strips from classic chevy and they just sent me 4 little 12 inch pcs. not enough to tack all the win lace around door jams. So I cut the belts off my lawnmower to use for tack strips. Then I read the tech article, they used old fan belts. So I felt better about cutting the belts off my lawnmower. Luckily, it need new ones anyway.

Thanks again for all the help and information. I'll post a picture of the car so you can see the work I've done.

Joe in TN.

Hi Trotter; I'll check the tech archives and send any that apply to your request via e-mail.
Merry Christmas
Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts