1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Have done several.
Is this going on your Yugo, or? 馃榿
Is it a complete "kit"?
Is the vehicle already efi?
More info please.

Registered
I know two people with them. It sure saves on gas because there always broken down. The electric pumps went out on both more then once. The o2 sensors are always going bad. The one guy had to send his back twice because one or more injectors were bad. And they make noise. When they are working they work great though. Not hard to install. The best option is to get everything from them and not try to piece it together. Get the unit, tank with pump inside, hyperspark distributor, coil and control box. Just be ready for every possible brake down if going long distance. It's not if, it's when something will fail.

Todd

Registered
Not hard to install. I also know a few people with them. Agree on getting the new tank with in-tank pump, etc.. Different experience with the reliability, though; the installs I鈥檓 familiar with have been quite reliable over the last couple years.

Registered
Let's put it this way.... All the installs we've done have been units the user brought to the party.
All were "kits".. We all know what "kit" means: One size fits nothing! 馃榿
Todd's comments are pretty much what we've experienced.
My bud took his off after his 3rd stranding, changed to a TerminatorX. Not cheap, but much easier to dial in, while avoiding the dreaded RFI/EMI bugs. 460+ " BBC.
IMO, unless one is willing/able to tune on an efi system, none of these aftermkt systems are a good choice ."Self tuning" is not!

LS Tech and Moderator
For a stock motor the self tuning works ok. larger cams and heads will need tuned cleaned up. Ideally you would want a lap Tune.

I have installed 10 sniper 2300鈥檚 on Scouts. I replace the tps and CTS. I run fuel only. I use aeromotive pump and vette filter regltor and block return. Zero issue on any of them.

Work great zero issues. I fine tune with laptop.

IMO the CTS TPS and hyperspark are issues.

Everything fails nothing us perfect. Sniper is best and ost affordable for stock motors or mild units.

Anything more and terminator is what you want WAY lore options for input/outputs among other things.

Registered
have installed several myself including the one i have on my own car. most if not all issues come from user installation errors in regards to efi issues. best advice is to FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

as for tuning if you have a stock engine it will go easy and work great. If you have some big overlap cam with high duration...you are gonna need to get it tuned.

I prefer the sniper stealth system over the base sniper efi.

AGAIN...most issues are from the installer cutting corners or thinking they are gonna make the system better by not following directions when wiring everything up....seen it so many times.

as for timing control i have it on my car and it works great. I have installed the efi system with just a hei dizzy also...works good and less wiring...but less control where you need it..

all in all...FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS to the LETTER and you will have greart result sand success.

one last thing...go with the intank efi tank and pump set up...do not try and save money by running a frame mounted pump..it will burn out an dleave you sitting.

Registered
Drove my 55 500 miles to the nats and at elevations of 3800鈥 thru mountains in cold and extremely humid and heat 2 years ago and while at motel all i saw was guys pulling plugs on carbed tri fives and having rich and lean issues. So it goes both ways鈥.either u know how to tune or you suffer

Premium Member
Aftermarket fuel injection posts always bring out the haters, which I find endlessly amusing. I agree with those above who said "follow the instructions closely".

I switched over from a Holley 750 to FiTech (I know, not Sniper but still EFI). I added a fuel return line back to the gas tank, bought the FiTech inline pump because I didn't want to change out my whole fuel tank etc, and wired it up according to the directions.

Worked great 3 years ago when I installed it, still works great now. Next up for me is to to put a FiTech 6-pack setup on a mopar project I'm planning.

Registered
I put the Holley 4150 sniper on mine. Zero issues. Immediately noticed the difference. Easy install for someone like me that doesn鈥檛 have a ton of experience. Holley tech support is great. I have a 427BBC. Put in the return line and it鈥檚 been without issues. Putting in the hyper spark kit next. It鈥檚 here after being on back order.

Registered
For a stock motor the self tuning works ok. larger cams and heads will need tuned cleaned up. Ideally you would want a lap Tune.

I have installed 10 sniper 2300鈥檚 on Scouts. I replace the tps and CTS. I run fuel only. I use aeromotive pump and vette filter regltor and block return. Zero issue on any of them.

Work great zero issues. I fine tune with laptop.

IMO the CTS TPS and hyperspark are issues.

Everything fails nothing us perfect. Sniper is best and ost affordable for stock motors or mild units.

Anything more and terminator is what you want WAY lore options for input/outputs among other things.
Are the CTS and TPS sensors on the Sniper different than the Terminator and other Holley units?

I have the Holley Stealth Terminator...runs great. Haven't had any problems with it, but I would agree that the canned tunes from Holley are best for stock to mild motors only...otherwise one needs custom tune (which one can pay for or if they have the experience, do it themselves). I paid a professional tuner...it made a gigantic difference. The self-tuning won't cure that many issues and it doesn't apply to anything other than the fuel table.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts