Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Ive been working a shop truck project and the more I look at it the cuter it gets, Kinda like a homely kid ya know. :eek:
Its a 61 Willys FC (forward control) 4X4. You be the judge :)

It has an updated 4.3 and should be fairly economical, Its only a three speed but I have plans for an overdrive unit from Advanced Adaptors.
More on the FC as I get to work on it.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Almost bought one of those a few years ago, it needed the radiator fixed and the windshield replaced but it ran great... Windshield cost more than the guy wanted for the truck...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I like it, it's cool! Found an old 1956 Phillips 66 gasoline tanker on eBay this morning too.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wow! I remember as a little kid I had a toy of one of those:) Very cool. I haven't seen one in years. It'll be a very unique ride when you are done!

·
RIP: 06-04-2012
1,082 Posts
What would be cool for a fab shop, shop truck is to put the cab and pick-up bed on a two wheel drive chassis, then slam it and put big and littles on it....and then paint it red, fire engine red.

Wedwagon

·
Registered
111 Posts
(Wed-Wagon)

What would be cool for a fab shop, shop truck is to put the cab and pick-up bed on a two wheel drive chassis, then slam it and put big and littles on it....and then paint it red, fire engine red.

Wedwagon
Just had to do this.:) This was my wedwagon I fabbed a few years ago.

·
RIP: 06-04-2012
1,082 Posts
Mokanracer's red wagon looks like the real deal. I'd like to have one of those too. A thread for another time, but I'm looking for a small, very small 50's/60's travel trailer to pull with my 56 wagon.

Wedwagon

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hi Guys
Ive been working a shop truck project and the more I look at it the cuter it gets

I'm not much of a jeep guy but I love the FC trucks, missed my chance at a cherry one years ago. When I lived in Phoenix my neighbors were this old couple that had a '57 FC-150 that they bought new and since he worked at the local Reynolds plant he made a custom shell for it out of aluminum. They used it for hunting and camping trips but as they got older it mainly sat in the driveway, finally around '80 he put it up for sale for $1800 but I didn't buy it as I had a back yard full of '57 Chevys. Dumb I know, I should have snagged it. The ones I really like are the military ones with the Cerlist diesel, they are even more rare than the civvy FC and had a crewcab, carryall, and panel body version made for the military but it seems most when to the Navy and the Marines.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts