Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup y'alls i bought my first 57 (introduction on newbie section) and i was curious if there is anybody out there that does anything like a marty report. i know that marty report only does mid 60's fords (we use them for our mustangs) it's kinda cool you can buy new vin tags, get the original sale brochure does a vehicle breakdown, where it was built, options, how many were built with the same options. etc etc you get the picture. so does anybody offer this for the 55-57? thanks in advance for your help. i saw a few things on here but not what i was lookin for.

- Scottie

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Scottie visit the trifive library, the forum right above this one. Your VIN will tell you the model, year, and plant your car was made. You can also determine the build date. The cowl tag gives you the original paint and interior codes, and possibly some options. Good luck and welcome!

·
Registered
66,304 Posts
take a look in the library area on homepage scottie. if you have a vin # and cowl tag you will be able to get a ton of info there. :)

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I have never heard of Marty or his report but it sounds like a good thing... Ford must have kept better records than did the "General" As stated above your VIN# and cowl tag will tell what it is where it was built when it was built and was it born with a six or V8... Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have never heard of Marty or his report but it sounds like a good thing... Ford must have kept better records than did the "General" As stated above your VIN# and cowl tag will tell what it is where it was built when it was built and was it born with a six or V8... Later, Dave
Yep, Ford and Merc have it, It's Marti Report, BTW.

http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm

They don't go back to the 50's however. Some of my F**d buds have used the service. :)

Chuck

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts