Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 15 years I finally bought some new wheels and tires for my 55 and thought I would share. Let me tell you its not easy picking new wheels so after many months these are what I decided on. American Racing BLVD 805's, 17x7 for the front and 17x8 for the rears mounted on Nitto 450's. 255/50/17 in the rear and 225/50/17 on the fronts.

Still have the Cragar's put away if I ever want to go back, but with 15's the tire choice is slim pickens. I know some don't like wheels bigger than 15's but I want to modernize the Chevy a bit after updating my gauges (VHX), headlights (Redline Lumatronics) and taillights (LED's from Shiny Hiny) chrome tilt steering (Ididit)and a new steering wheel (Billet Specialities) I think the 17's are a good balance. They handle fantastic and the ride is just as good, I feel they handle better than the 15's but that's just me.

I purchased them from Discount Tire and they were great to work with, the first set of tires I bought I didn't like they way they looked so they ordered some new ones and these are what I ended up with. No extra charge for mounting and balancing twice or special order on the tires they had to ship back, plus I was able to take them home and mount them to see how they fit and looked.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,045 Posts
the wheels look beautiful. for me the rear would need to come down 2 inches and then the car would be perfect. just how I like em. it sure looks great. where did you get the wheels at.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Very nice ride. The wheels make it pop in the sun.:congrats:

·
Registered
67,738 Posts
look good, great cs from the tire place too. :tu

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys, as for the suspension yes it is stock except for the front coil springs, they are the 2 inch drop springs that I bought years ago from CCI. I also had to re-arch the rear springs to give it some lift and this was also done a long time ago. Who knows maybe in the future I will lower the back end down some to give it a different look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts