Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That is awesome. I’m a bit too messy to have something that clean, but I’m working on getting mine finished up inside. Would love to find a set of gas pumps for outside. Any signage and smaller items like you have are very hard to come by around here, and when they do pop up it’s a pi$$ing match between people to see how much someone will pay. Prices me out of the running pretty quick. Guess I’ll have to make some ‘clones’. Thumbs up all around with your hang out. Very well thought out, and decked out too!
Here’s a pic of my hang out.
View attachment 365544
View attachment 365545
wow thats is super cool indeed !!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow, that is so nice! I have always liked the Sinclair stuff. The Sun and Champion machines, the Magic Tree, V-belt and Hide-A-Key boards, the tire valve and fuse racks.....I can just close my eyes and think back and see those items in the good ol' service stations I use to frequent. One item has me baffled... what is the white cabinet with what looks like 2 'cups' and a crank handle on the top? It has a small STP sticker on the front door also. Thanks

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Its way cool. Your attention to detail is amazing. A private museum 👍

Reactions: mr 265

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Wow, that is so nice! I have always liked the Sinclair stuff. The Sun and Champion machines, the Magic Tree, V-belt and Hide-A-Key boards, the tire valve and fuse racks.....I can just close my eyes and think back and see those items in the good ol' service stations I use to frequent. One item has me baffled... what is the white cabinet with what looks like 2 'cups' and a crank handle on the top? It has a small STP sticker on the front door also. Thanks
Thats a 1954 Campbells Soup maker ,that handle is the can opener ,all the stuff i have works ,even in the back picture is a 1953 hot dog cooker

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
All of the comments, right on the money! You did such a #1 ACE Job Wayne! Just looking at your photos actually makes me feel like I'm right back there in time. THANKS! (y)
Except there is no dust, grease or oil everywhere... lol

• Haha
Reactions: 58-GMC and mr 265

·
Registered
52 Posts
Too cool! The fuse cabinet caught my eye, reminded me of the one in my Dad's station. (BTW some Texaco stuff would look cool in there 😄)
Great job, really nice garage!
Greg

·
Registered
372 Posts
The coke machine is nice, as well as the gumball machine. And maybe I missed it, but you need a vending machine in there complete with old stale gas station candy. Could start another whole thread on old candy that doesn't exist anymore. I'll start: Powerhouse candy bars.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
The coke machine is nice, as well as the gumball machine. And maybe I missed it, but you need a vending machine in there complete with old stale gas station candy. Could start another whole thread on old candy that doesn't exist anymore. I'll start: Powerhouse candy bars.
check this place out, they have many of theolder hard to find sweets. About Sweeties

Reactions: 56madman and Lukie
21 - 40 of 68 Posts