Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I know this must of been addressed before on this forum but here it is again. My problem is, I'm running disc brakes in the frt and drums in the rear. My stock spare tire will fit the rear with no problem, but what do I do about the frt with disc ? Do I have to carry two spares in the trunk, one for the rear and one for the front ? There must be a rim that takes care of both, what is it? Or am I out of luck? Thanks. :bowtier:

·
Registered
887 Posts
If the same bolt pattern, whatever fits the front should fit the back

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
I'm not being a smarty, but I don't carry a spare. I have roadside service...:tu
Cowboy :flag6:

:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,692 Posts

·
Registered
67,715 Posts
AAA IS A MUST. :tu

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,021 Posts
Any junk yard 70 to mid 80 Camero or Chevelle 14" wheel will fit over disc brakes. I'm using 83 Camero 14X7 wheels.
I've had 2 occurances while on cruises, that someone in the cruise had a flat and there was no cell service available. AAA was no help in these situations. I carry a spare when I go out of town.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Late model dual pattern (4.75/5.00) mini spare. Fits disc/drum. Lots of new, never used, in the trunks at the salvage yard for cheap. Even provides more storage space.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have the same problem with my 56. My spare won't fit the front with disk brakes...so if I need to run the spare it will have to go on the back and switch the back to the front. Pain in the arse but I"m carrying a stock rim and tire because the wide tires I'm running won't fit in the wheel well. Just have to keep my AAA membership current. Not the best solution maybe but it what I'm doing.
Ron :blowtiedb:

·
Premium Member
2,508 Posts
Rallye.

My stock spare tire will fit the rear with no problem, but what do I do about the frt with disc ?
We use a 15" Rallye wheel for the spare. It clears the big Chevelle front discs.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Stock 15" wheels wouldn't fit my disc brakes.

I bought a 15"X6" Wheel Vintiques rally style, put a 6.70-15 stock type tire on it and it fits the discs and goes in the stock spare well in the trunk just fine.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I see that I am getting a lot of responses to the question that I posted, but none are giving the answer that I'm looking for. I want to know a specific wheel that will fit both the frt. with disc brakes and the drum rear. I am sure you guys all have a certain wheel you use, but I do not want a trial and error. Can you be more specific on those wheels so I can try to locate one somewhere, all the junk yards around me are no longer there.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
A stock 15 inch wheel or a 14 Inch Camaro ralley wheel both fit my 55 or 56.
Original 56 15x5 wheel fits so will a 67-69 14 inch ralley wheel from a Camaro with disk or a 70-81Camaro any model 14 or 15.

If those are not easy to find any 2wd S10 wheel will fit. this is not difficult unless you have dropped spindles or ???.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts