Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have one in my 57 and it seems to work just fine.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Speaker

I have never seen one like this. Are you going to use one or put one on each side of the car for stereo? How does it sound?
Larry From Tulare

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I have a similar one and it worked ok, if, you don't really care what your balance sounds like:).
It is no longer hooked up as the sound is coming directly at the passenger and is not truly separated/balanced as in a 2/4/6 speaker system.
I found I could not really balance R/L front speaker sound to my liking with my hidden Alpine head unit with an auxiliary amplifier, the F/R fade worked fine but the front sound was always on the passenger side, not balanced to my liking...yet that is only my opinion and my listening choice.:)

I went with a pair of Rockford/Fosgate Prime front speakers that are underdash mounted on each side of the car; these are small overall dimension wise speakers ideal for tight locations, 100 amp, 50 w., cost $79 a pair at Car Toys on sale.
All my stereo components are hidden so my interior is not cut up with speakers in the doors, kick panels or rear deck...the way I like it:)

Thats my $0.02 worth FWIW:sign0020:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts