Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just started wiring my 57 two door wagon and got thinking about rear speaker options and what I should run to the rear for this what have you guy,s done thanks

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Not sure about the wagon, but my Delivery has two access panels about 6"x12".
I took the panels out and made a template to fit and hold 6x9 speakers there.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Here's a couple photos of my Delivery.
The speakers are just behind the seats
near the front of the "cargo" area.
Hope this helps some.

Attachments

·
Registered
1955 BelAir 4-Door Wagon, 350/350
530 Posts
Wagon Rear Speakers

victorniner,
I've also been trying to come up with a rear speaker plan for my wagon (4-door). I'm taking a little different approach by using surface mount speakers for the rear (Pioneer TS-X200). I have front kick panel speakers (3-way) as well, and I plan to put a Retrosound subwoofer under the front seat to boost up the bass a little. I have a Retrosound Model 1 Stereo, which seems to work quite well. Even though I still have a long way to go finishing the paint, etc, I did hook up the speakers to try them out. With just the fronts and rears (no sub) it sounds pretty good. One of the reasons I like the surface mount rears, is that I can flip them around with the gate open to provide some tunes if I'm at a show or something. Here is a picture of them sitting in the back of my wagon.

Regards,
John

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I saw an installation on CT, where the owner placed the speakers under the rear seat and he fabricated a mesh grille across the whole opening.
I have tried to find it on CT, but no luck.

Cheers, Des

·
Registered
1957 Belair wagon, 51 HenryJ
1,878 Posts
After trying for years using different speakers mounted in boxes we talked to a stereo guy and he suggested to remove the rear speakers and concentrate the sound around the front only. We have a dual dash speaker and amplified home made kickpanel speakers, works a lot better now. good day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts