Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
9,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest acquisition, has an updated engine/trans/etc... but whomever did it left several 'open holes' in the firewall, ranging from 1/4" dia to over an inch in diameter. Apparently these holes are no longer needed (original items removed?).. so what do I plug them with to minimize engine compartment heat from coming into passenger compartment and clean up the firewall??

·
Registered
950 Posts
Home Depot and Lowes have different size hole plugs in their hardware dept. Similiar to lighter delete plugs. I have also found rubber and plastic hole plugs at the local bone yard.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
You could go to a lot of trouble and weld them. :anim_25: bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
9,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Ray, I could weld them up.. :) but I'll save that for that time way in the future should this car ever be 'redone'.. for right now, I'm looking for a means to plug them up... :)

Oldster: thanks for the tip... I'll head to Lowes and HD and see what they have. I've seen prior posts re McMaster Carr plugs, but they sell them in lots of 100 and I don't have that many holes.. :)

·
Premium Member
50,809 Posts
Measure your holes then you have your choice of plugs ... I'd go for rubber ... :anim_25:
Cowboy :flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Home Depot and Lowes have different size hole plugs in their hardware dept. Similiar to lighter delete plugs. I have also found rubber and plastic hole plugs at the local bone yard.
Also most Ace Hardware stores have a good selection of hole plugs both rubber and plastic.

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,507 Posts
mcmaster.com mcmaster-carr has a huge selection of plastic and metal snap in plugs.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
mcmaster.com mcmaster-carr has a huge selection of plastic and metal snap in plugs.
"I've seen prior posts re McMaster Carr plugs, but they sell them in lots of 100 and I don't have that many holes...:)" said hotrodg726

1 - 9 of 9 Posts