Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just replaced the stock three-speed transmission on my 57 BelAire 2DR HT with an Borg Warner T-10 four-speed transmission. After installation, I noticed that the speedometer cable for the three-speed fits on the driver's side of the transmission while with the four-speed transmission it fits on the passenger side of the transmission. The cable is not long enough to hook up to the four-speed. Is there a trick on routing the cable OR is there a cable extension I can get that will allow me to hook up the cable? Or do I have to purchase a complete new cable? If so, does anyone know which one I need to get?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I have just replaced the stock three-speed transmission on my 57 BelAire 2DR HT with an Borg Warner T-10 four-speed transmission. After installation, I noticed that the speedometer cable for the three-speed fits on the driver's side of the transmission while with the four-speed transmission it fits on the passenger side of the transmission. The cable is not long enough to hook up to the four-speed. Is there a trick on routing the cable OR is there a cable extension I can get that will allow me to hook up the cable? Or do I have to purchase a complete new cable? If so, does anyone know which one I need to get?

Thanks
Dave
Sorry no trick or routing magic. You'll have to get a new longer one. You can measure for length but some vendors if you tell them what you have will have one for you. Maybe someone on TriFive will have a good used cable that will work for you.. :anim_25:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,838 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts