Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on spraying SPI clear when I paint the '55 later this summer, but I am now considering their white polyurathane for the roof and deck. Has anyone used their white, and is there any tips to share? I'm shooting orange Imron on the front. Thanks!

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
The white on roof & deck is painted first, make sure that you know where the break in colors is.

Shoot the bottom color next then clear all at once.

:anim_25:

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
the SS shoots much like the clear . the plus is if you get some trash in the surface you can sand and buff it. if you get something on white under clear your stuck with it. i really do not like doing white. anything will show up . clear just makes it stand out.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the SS shoots much like the clear . the plus is if you get some trash in the surface you can sand and buff it. if you get something on white under clear your stuck with it. i really do not like doing white. anything will show up . clear just makes it stand out.
Thats the double edged sword of clearing over white. I like the depth it gives, but it's more work. I've been looking at colors for a long time and have come full circle back to white. I bought the orange a while ago, so that color is staying.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
how smooth and clear you get the finish gives you depth . nothing worse than finishing a white job and finding a finger print in the white when you take it outside. shoot the white last !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts