Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my hands on a set of very nice original drum brakes and spindles for a 66 chevelle. I know you can use the hubs as a upgrade from the original ball bearings on a 55 Chevy, but can i just bolt the whole system on? the only thing im worried about is the offset of the rims and the fit, Im going to lower it anyway. has anyone done anything like this before?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I got my hands on a set of very nice original drum brakes and spindles for a 66 chevelle. I know you can use the hubs as a upgrade from the original ball bearings on a 55 Chevy, but can i just bolt the whole system on? the only thing im worried about is the offset of the rims and the fit, Im going to lower it anyway. has anyone done anything like this before?
No. You have some bad information. The direction of the lower ball joint taper on the Chevelle spindle is opposite to that of the '55-'57 spindle so they do not bolt up. Also, you can't use the chevelle hubs either, they move the wheels outward 7/8". You need '61-'68 Impala hubs.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts

None of that stuff will work on your Tri5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts